Updated September 19, 2023
This is Lucy’s personal collection of websites for gifted children of all ages – covering math, science, sustainability, crafting, art, music, reading, geography, history, writing, and more. Make sure you check our our new list of Books for Gifted Children, and our Top 10 Games for Gifted Children!
Please note these are websites for kids, not for parents 🙂
- Multi-Subject Websites
- Websites for Gifted Toddlers and Preschoolers
- Science Websites
- Math Websites
- Sustainability and Recycling Websites
- Geography and History Websites
- Reading, Spelling, and Writing Websites and Games
- Computer Science and Coding Websites
- Crafting Websites
Multi-Subject Websites for Gifted Kids
- ABCya.com – Organized by grade level from K-5, so would be appropriate for gifted kids starting around age 3. I like when websites are organized by age/grade because then we can just hop up about 2 grades/levels and we’re usually at a good starting point. This website has some fantastic content and games – spelling bee games, word searches, sight words, typing and keyboarding games, math bingo, geography games, and more.
- Brainpop – Animated educational site for kids – science, social studies, arts, math, health, engineering, and English
- Enchanted Learning – Definitely a must visit for crafty kids. I have used the printable worksheets from this site for both of my kids from age 2 and up. We use it constantly even today… definitely spring for the membership ($29/year) if you can afford it. (Also great for toddlers and preschoolers)
- Futureme – Such a fun site! Write a letter to your future self to deliver in the future. A great way to help students set goals.
- Hoagies for Kids – Movies, reading lists, contests and awards, magazines, and more!
- K5 Learning – Reading and math for K-5 specificially for gifted kids. Worksheets covers K-5. Thousands of printable math and reading worksheets.
- ProProfs Brain Games – Create or play exciting online puzzles and mind games!
- San Francisco Symphony – Learn about tempo, instruments used in symphony orchestra, musical notes, and more!
- The Kid Should This – Smart videos for curious minds of all ages
- Time for Kids – Multi-subject activities, worksheets, printable quizzes and more for K-6, from the publishers of Time Magazine
- TedEd – Video based lessons organized by subject and age
- ZiggityZoom.com – Another new find for us. Crafts, food, printables, tech, activities, and more. Includes summer fun activities, and homeschooling activities. I really like this site because it’s well organized, loads fast, and has a great layout.
Websites for Gifted Toddlers and Preschoolers
- Dolch Word Games – Great for gifted preschoolers who are naturally learning sight words on their own. The Dolch list is the one that our school teaches/uses in Kindergarten.
- PBS Kids – Great for gifted preschoolers as young as 2 or 3 who are starting to use the computer
- SesameStreet.org – Great and safe for gifted babies and toddlers!
Math Websites for Gifted Students
Also check out our top math contests for gifted students!
- AAA Math – Thousands of interactive math lessons, sorted by subject for K-8.
- A Plus Math – Interactive math resources for teachers, parents, and students featuring free math worksheets, math games, math flashcards, and more.
- Chilimath – This is a well organized site that focuses on Pre-Algebra to Advanced Algebra. A great resource for gifted children who are ready to dive into Algebra!
- Daily math contest from Ole Miss – Daily math challenge, elementary brain teasers. New problems posted each Monday at 8am Central!
- Dreambox Learning – Great math website for gifted children from K-8. Lucy LOVED this site in Kindergarten, and completed the activities through 2nd grade. Parents get daily emails on the progress… terrific and fun technology.
- Khan Academy – The Khan Academy is an organization on a mission. Khan Academy is a not-for-profit with the goal of changing education for the better by providing a free world-class education for anyone anywhere. All of the site’s resources are available to anyone. It doesn’t matter if you are a student, teacher, home-schooler, principal, adult returning to the classroom after 20 years, or a friendly alien just trying to get a leg up in earthly biology. The Khan Academy’s materials and resources are available to you completely free of charge.
- Math Aids – One of the best resources we’ve found to print free math worksheets.
- Math Goodies – Math Goodies is a math help website featuring free interactive lessons, printable worksheets, games and puzzles.
- Mathantics – A great YouTube site for everything math!
- Online Math Games – Lizard Math self-graded online and also printables
- PBS Math – Games, animations, other resources for K-8 math as well as high school algebra, geometry and statistics. Filter by grade!
- Varsity Tutors – Aplusmath has interactive resources for teachers, parents and students. Free math worksheets, games, flashcards, and more. Subjects include addition, subtraction, multiplication, division and geometry.
- Word Problems For Kids – A Canadian site that has problems to help improve problem solving skills. Problems for grades 5 – 12.
Science Websites for Gifted Students
Check out our top science competitions for gifted students!
- Amusement Park Physics – The science behind the fun!
- Astronomy Games and Puzzles – Lots of free astronomy games for kids
- Bill Nye Science Demos – Science experiments! Make a periscope, clean a penny, atmospheric pressure, test eggshell strength, make carbon dioxide, learn about static electricity, and learn the difference between fresh water and salt water.
- Biointeractive – Multimedia science resources for the classroom or home. Short films, holiday lectures, virtual labs, and classroom resources
- Biology Games for Kids – Free human biology and animal biology games
- The Biology Project from the University of Arizona – Designed for college students but a wonderful resource for gifted children in middle school and high school. Learn about biochemistry, cell biology, chemicals, human biology, immunology, and more.
- Cells Alive! – Cell models, games, worksheets, puzzles, quizzes. Everything you need to know about cells!
- Exploratorium – The museum of science, art and human perception.
- National Geographic for Kids – Games, puzzles, videos about animals
- Neuroscience for Kids – All about the nervous system, the brain, spinal cord, sensory systems, and neurological disorders
- Science Friday – Covering the outer reaches of space to the tiniest microbes in our bodies, Science Friday is the source for entertaining and educational stories about science, technology, and other cool stuff.
- Science with Me – Science worksheets, science projects, and games
- The Science Explorer – At home or in class science experiments. Site and instructions are simple and easy to follow!
- Science Fair Projects – Get ideas for your next science fair project
- Science News for Students – Science news on atoms and forces, earth and sky, humans and health, life, tech, math, and more.
- Everyday Mysteries – Fun Science Facts from the Library of Congress. Did you ever wonder why a camel has a hump? Why do our joints make popping sounds?
Sustainability and Recycling Website for Gifted Students
- Environmental Activity book from the EPA (PDF)
- Ollie’s World – Kids section focuses on water, waste, energy and reusing and recycling. Teacher resources and educator reference section.
- Rustle the Leaf – Tons of printables, comics, and downloads on sustainability for Earth Day or every day!
- Weather and Climate Change – A good website for climate change basics, forecasting, ancient weather patterns, and more.
Geography and History Websites for Gifted Students
- FunBrain – The inernet’s #1 website for K-8. Math, reading, geography, and grammar.
- History Games For Kids
- National Geographic Kids – Kids games, Animals, Geography, and more.
- The Kidz Page – Explore free printable & online kids games, activities, puzzles, clip art, colouring pages and online coloring.
- World Geography Games – Loving this in kindergarten and first grade! Fun and exciting geography games.
Reading, Spelling, and Writing Websites and Games for Gifted Students
- Online Spelling Bee Exercises and Competitions – Practice for spelling bees and get better at spelling! For K-12.
- Rainbow magic – Games and activities based on the Rainbow Magic series – Lucy’s favorite chapter books in Kindergarten!
- Raz Kids – Lucy’s younger sister who is in Kindergarten is in a gifted cluster classroom and the school purchased Raz Kids for reading. It’s been a HUGE hit for a reluctant (yet fluent) reader in Kindergarten. Kids work at their own pace and earn stars, take quizzes, and earn ranking. Lucy’s sister is trying to “outdo” her classmates in reading – so it’s great for the natural competitive drive that many gifted kids have!
- Spelling Stars – Create your own spelling lists
Computer Science and Coding Websites
- CodeSpark – #1 learn-to-code app, hundreds of puzzles and games that teach the ABCs of coding.
- diy.org – Arts and Crafts, STEM, Life Skills, Performing Arts, Secrets of Drawing, Legos, and so much more.
- The Toymaker – World of paper toys, holiday cards, valentines, sun boxes, baskets and bags, origami and ephemera… all for you to make. Helping grownups and kids spend time together making things.